1. Please read the following clauses carefully as they tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into in respect MK Loft Boarding Ltd. In all clauses, the company refers to MK Loft Boarding Ltd. If you are uncertain as to your rights under them or want any explanation about them, please write or telephone us at the address or telephone number given.
2. The company has quoted the cost of installing loft boarding, loft ladders, loft hatches, loft roll insulation, mains lights and other electrical works that meets the requirements of your home. Once you have accepted this quotation in accordance with below, the company undertakes to carry out all the works necessary to complete the work described in your specification and this quotation subject to the conditions contained in this agreement.
3. If you require a particular date for the works to be carried out, the company will do all that it reasonably can to meet the dates given for the installation. The company also understands that there might be instances when a date for installation cannot be met by you, and as a result no party shall be liable for costs or able to cancel this agreement. In case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond reasonable control of the company or you, the company will contact you and agree an alternative date.
4. The company will carry out the whole of the work specified in this quotation at the price quoted during normal hours, which are between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday or the occasional weekend. Any variations or additions requested by you will be subject to an additional charge and if the company is delayed or prevented from installing by the agreed date due to delay or default on your part, the company may on written notice to you add to the charges at a reasonable sum in respect of any additional costs incurred.
5. If you are a tenant, or housing association you may need your landlord’s permission for the installation to be carried out. The company will assume such permission has been granted and shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from failure to obtain such permission.
6. You will provide reasonable access to enable installations to be completed.
7. The prices specified in this agreement do not include the price of removing any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the installation. If during the execution of the works, asbestos is encountered, the company reserves the right to withdraw its installation staff immediately until the site is made safe. MK Loft Boarding Ltd will not remove any asbestos related items but can advise on the steps to take if you require it to be disposed of. If MK Loft Boarding Ltd have agreed to take away any redundant water tanks and on later inspection will believe this to contain asbestos, we will move to a suitable location within the loft and take off any associated costs relating to this on the invoice.
8. The warranty for all ladders and will be covered by the manufacturers 5-year warranty. LoftZone floor system comes with 10 year warranty. All other works carried out by MK Loft Boarding Ltd (parts and labour) are guaranteed for 1 year.
If the warranty becomes void due to excessive weight (exceeding the 25kg per square meter weight limit) being stored on the loft boarding, then MK Loft Boarding Ltd accepts no responsibility for this.
9. The company will take all reasonable care to carry out the installation. However, you accept that during the installation we may accidentally cause damage to your decorations and fittings in your home. This provision does not exclude the company’s responsibility for damage, which is beyond which is reasonably commensurate with the installation. On occasions the ceiling may need some redecoration following the installation of any new loft hatches This will be your responsibility and is not included in the price unless agreed during the quote. We will also take our upmost care when moving any items around in the loft but will not be liable for any items that may be damaged. If this is any concern to you then please empty any possessions that are in the loft prior to us attending.
10. All MK Loft Boarding Ltd Employees and agents are insured against loss or injury through their negligence.
11. MK Loft Boarding Ltd shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under any quotation if it is prevented from doing so by any cause reasonably beyond its control; including without limitation; adverse weather conditions, fire, accident or war, a failure or delay attributable to any electricity, water or gas network, the act or omission of any party for whom the company is not responsible.
12. The company does not exclude any liability for loss of or damage to property directly resulting from the company’s breach of the agreement, but the company’s liability for such loss or damage shall be limited to those losses which are of a foreseeable consequence of the breach in respect of any one incident or series of incidents whether related or unrelated in any period of twenty-four months.
13. To complete your installation the company will use its authorised employees or agents. All contractors are approved by the company are qualified and chosen carefully to carry out high standards or workmanship.
14. Standard charges. All charges will be clearly laid on within our quotation. In situations when a quotation has not and/or cannot be provided (e.g. Immediate or Emergency works), then our normal charges apply and are as follows:
14.1 Hourly rate £65 per hour for all electrical works plus any other additional travel and parking charges (see below). Emergency call out, evening, weekend and bank holiday rates may vary.
14.2 Material charges. These will be applied for the supply of any parts and materials necessary beyond those quoted, and any such charges will be identified on the final invoice you receive.
14.3 Troubleshooting. Where the customer has requested that we troubleshoot a problem only but not to carry out the work, then our standard hourly rate plus any additional travel charges (as below) will apply.
14.4 Additional Travel and Parking charges. These will be added on to the invoice to cover parking and congestion and Ulez charges, as applicable.
14.5 Parking permits. It is the responsibility of the home owner, tenant or agent to provide a parking permit or to register our van with the local authority for parking, wherever possible. This particularly applies where there are no pay and display parking bays within a reasonable distance (typically 100m) of the property. This is because it is very inconvenient and time consuming to have to walk to and from the van for parts that might be needed and to keep checking on it for wardens. Therefore,
we kindly request that our customers organise parking prior to us arriving, Our vehcile registration details are available upon request.
15. Call backs, Should you feel there is an issue with our work, then we will be very happy to return and rectify it at no cost. However, should we return to site for a call back, but the problem be unrelated to the work carried out by MK Loft Boarding Ltd, then our standard charges shall apply (£65 per hour)
16. All of our estimates and quotations are free and without obligation.
17. All prices quoted include VAT @ 20%, however some items have 0% VAT attached due to being energy efficient products.
18. Acceptance of Quotation. Acceptance of quotation can be made by electronically signing the quote.
19. Where payments are not made up on the due date which is 3 days after the invoice has been sent, we will send a payment reminder. If payment has not been made in full after 6 days a £25 charge will be added to the invoice.
20. Payment is to be made by BACS (preferred), by Credit card ( payable at our premises) or by cash on the day.
20.1. Title in the goods will not pass to the Buyer but shall be retained pending payment in full of the price. Until such time as title passes to the Buyer, the Seller shall have an absolute authority to re- take, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of the goods in which title remains vested in them.
20.2. For the purposes specified above, the Seller or any of their agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any reasonable time during normal working hours to enter without notice onto any premises where the goods or any part of the goods are installed, stored or kept or are reasonably believed to be.
20.3. The Seller shall also be entitled to seek an injunction to prevent the Buyer from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of the goods.
21. In the event of any alleged minor defects the customer shall not be entitled to withhold more than 5% or £250 (whichever is greater) of the balance due.
22. Once the company has corrected the minor defect as outlined in clause 20, the withheld amount, 5% or £250 must be paid in full.
23. You will be sent an invoice for payment within seven days of installation completion. Failure to make payment within specific time periods as outlined within the quotation and/or the Terms and Conditions, will instigate legal proceedings to commence. These will be carried out by a registered Legal firm and all proceedings will be governed in accordance with English Law.
24. The company shall provide a free guarantee for the period of ONE year. This applies to workmanship only and not to parts (which typically come with a Five year manufacturer’s warranty). However, the above warranty is subject to the following conditions:
24.2. The work carried out has not been properly kept, used, serviced and maintained in strict accordance with the manufacturers or the companies instructions and has not been modified accept with the companies consent.
24.3. The fault is not due to accidental or wilful damage, fair wear and tear, interference with or maintenance work by a third party.
24.4. The customer makes no further use of works after the defect had been or ought to have been discovered.
24.5. All free guarantee work will be carried out during normal working hours.
24.6. Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods.
24.7. Where attendance of the companies engineer is needed for any purpose other than a scheduled maintenance visit or for the company to meet its guarantees as per above clause, a charge for such attendance will be made. This will need to be paid on the day of the engineers visit. If on attendance to your premises by the companies engineer it is established that the fault is covered by your free guarantee, any monies paid by you will be refunded.
25. This agreement is personal to you and not transferable to without written authority from MK Loft Boarding Ltd.
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO CANCEL
Following the Company’s acceptance of our order, in accordance with terms above and in conjunction with the “Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumers Home or Place of Work Regulations 2008 you are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period commencing from the date of the contract. You have a right to cancel the contract within this period (not if works have commenced however) and this right can be exercised by delivering, or sending (including by electronic mail) cancellation notice to MK Loft Boarding Ltd, 4 Stacey Bushes Trading Centre, Stacey Bushes, Milton Keynes MK12 6HS or by email to [email protected] at any time within the 14 days starting with the day of receipt to notice in writing of the right to cancel the contract. We will permit you to cancel the contract by sending the written notice no later than 14 days after the date on which acceptance of the works took place.